About: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Originally occupied by the Sewee Indians, Mount Pleasant's first white settlers arrived from England on July 6, 1680 under the leadership of Captain Florentia O'Sullivan. Captain O'Sullivan had been granted 2,340 acres which included not only the island that bears his name, but also the land that was to become Mount Pleasant. On the earliest map of the time this area was called "North Point. "
Local Newspapers: The Post and Courier
Local Sports Teams: Charleston RiverDogs (Single A Baseball)
Local Colleges: Charleston Southern University, College of Charleston